The following Digital Concert Hall apps offer lossless audio as an option in the video player:
- iOS(iPhone, iPad) Download from the Apple App Store
- Apple TV from tvOS 14.6 Download from the App Store
- Android (Smartphone, Tablet) Download from Google Play Store
- MacOS on Apple computers with M1 chip Download from Mac App Store
- Streaming players and TVs with Amazon Fire TV as of Fire OS 7
- Streaming players and TVs with Google TV / Android TV as of Android 8
- Safari web browser from MacOS BigSur or from iOS 15
Lossless audio is also available via Apple AirPlay. Once you have started the broadcast on your TV, you will need to adjust the audio quality using your remote control. Please note that Hi-Res Audio is currently not supported on Google Cast.
Audio Quality Selection in the Digital Concert Hall
You can select the desired audio quality directly in the video player via the cogwheel symbol. Your selection is then permanently saved for the corresponding device until you change it again.
In the Digital Concert Hall mobile apps, you will also find this setting option in your user account under the menu item “Settings”.
Important information about lossless audio
Please note that streaming and downloading our videos in lossless audio quality takes up considerably more data volume than in standard audio quality.To experience the Digital Concert Hall in Hi-Res Audio, you have the following options:
- Use a wired connection from your device to headphones, receivers or speaker systems.
- Use the built-in speakers of your device.
Depending on the device, an additional external digital-to-analogue converter may be necessary.
The audio signal cannot be transmitted loss-free via wireless headphones with a Bluetooth connection.